1-Year-Old Boy Chokes on Gummy Candy and is Saved with LifeVac – #380
LifeVac is happy to share news of its 380th life saved
It was reported to us that on May 25th a 1-year-old boy choked on a gummy candy. He was at the dinner table, got up, and started running. He tripped which caused the candy to lodge in his airway. The child was not breathing, he was turning purple, his eyes rolled back, and lost consciousness. 911 was called while choking rescue procedures were followed by his family. BLS protocol unfortunately failed. Thankfully this family had a LifeVac on hand and was able to dislodge the candy on the second application.
“My son swallowed what was blocking his airway, A combination of back blows and LifeVac helped save his life.”