1-Year-Old Girl Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #447

LifeVac announces news of our 447th life saved

It was reported to us on August 9th that a choking incident took place at a home residence in Indiana.  A 1-year-old little girl choked on a cheese cracker causing a total obstruction.  Her face was bright red in color and her father immediately knew she was choking.  He performed back blows but was not successful in dislodging the cracker.

He started CPR while the child’s mother remembered she was given a LifeVac by her grandmother about 2 years ago.  She used the device three times and thankfully was able to dislodge the food.  It took EMS over 15 minutes to arrive!

We are so thankful this precious family was given a LifeVac and knew how to quickly react to save their daughter’s life.