1-year-old with seizure saved by LifeVac– #284

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 284th life saved.

On January 30th a 1 1/2-year-old little girl had a seizure and began choking on a combination of medication, milk, and salvia.  The child’s mother immediately performed BLS protocol, but the child was not breathing and was unconscious.   She utilized LifeVac and on the 2nd place, push, pull motion the child’s airway was cleared.   “Airway was able to be cleared and she went back to taking deep breaths saving her life”. She was taken to the hospital for a full evaluation.

This family only had the LifeVac a few months when the choking scare took place.  You just never know when a choking emergency might occur.  It can happen to anyone at anytime, anywhere.  We are so thankful their little girl is okay!