2-Year-Old Girl Saved by LifeVac– #489

LifeVac is thrilled to share news of our 489th life saved.

It was reported to us that on September 24th a 2-year-old girl choked on cut-up strawberries.  She was eating pancakes with blueberries and strawberries.  The berry was too big and lodged in her airway. The child’s father attempted 5-6 firm back blows. Unfortunately attempts failed. While still in the highchair his wife ran for the LifeVac which they keep in the cabinet next to the fire extinguisher. LifeVac was utilized and on the second attempt successfully dislodged the food into her oral cavity, where her mom was able to remove it.