22-Month-Old Boy Chokes on Strawberry and is Saved with LifeVac– #386
LifeVac is thrilled to share news of our 386th life saved
A 22-month-old boy choked on a strawberry causing a total obstruction. His mother immediately started to perform choking rescue procedures on her son. Unfortunately back blows failed. Thankfully she had a LifeVac. On the 1st attempt, the LifeVac device successfully dislodged the fruit clearing his airway and saving his life.
Here is the mom’s testimonial:
“I am so thankful that I bought a LifeVac when my oldest was born. We have had a few close calls where I briefly thought I might have to use it throughout the years, but I was always able to dislodge the obstruction after back blows. As a registered nurse, I have taken BLS courses plenty of times so I feel fairly confident about what to do in a situation like this. Today was different, today was the day that I dreadfully had to use our life vac. My son (22 months) choked on a piece of strawberry that he took off of big brother’s plate. After two rounds of back blows, he was blue and panicking for air and grabbing at his mouth. We used the life vac one time and the strawberry came right out. I am so beyond thankful to the life vac team. I cannot possibly put into words what your product means to our family. Life vac is officially my go-to baby shower gift for life!”