23-Year-Old with Spina Bifida Chokes and is Saved with LifeVac – #352

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 352nd life saved

It was reported to the team at LifeVac Europe, that a 23-year-old male who has Spina Bifida came into difficulty while eating a chicken bite.  The food had become lodged in his airway creating a full airway obstruction. BLS first aid choking protocol was performed, but due to the man being a wheelchair user, sadly these attempts were hard to perform and could not dislodge the full airway obstruction. LifeVac was then utilized by a family member. On the 3rd PLACE-PUSH-PULL motion, LifeVac dislodged the obstruction clearing the man’s airway and saving his life.

My brother has choked a number of times due to low muscle tone because of spina bifida. LifeVac allowed for quicker recovery time and less panic on our behalf”

— Sister