3-Year-Old Chokes on Gum and is Saved with LifeVac – #363

LifeVac announces our 363rd life saved

On May 7th it was reported to us that a 3-year-old little girl began choking on a piece of gum causing a total obstruction.  Her parent performed choking rescue procedures but unfortunately failed to dislodge the gum.  LifeVac was then utilized with the child in a sitting position.  On the second Place, Push, Pull motion the LifeVac dislodged the gum from the child’s airway saving her life.

 “The object that was lodged finally after using this device when the Heimlich did not fully help.”