5-Year-Old Chokes on Candy and is Saved with LifeVac – #415

LifeVac registers our 415th life saved

It was reported to us on July 1st that a 5-year-old boy choked on an airhead candy causing a partial obstruction. His parents attempted a finger sweep, back blows first, and even tried the Heimlich maneuver. His mom then remembered she had a LifeVac kit.  She has bought several of them and both grandparents have them on hand as well. She quickly retrieved the  LifeVac and used it twice dislodging the candy.

“Candy was dislodged from his throat and allowed him to breathe again.”