5-Year-Old Chokes on Shrimp and is Saved with LifeVac – #412

LifeVac is overjoyed to share news of our 412th life saved

On June 28th a 5-year-old girl choked on a piece of shrimp causing a total obstruction. She was unable to make a sound and turned bright red. The child’s dad did a finger sweep and attempted back blows but unfortunately, both were unsuccessful.  The mom quickly ran to get the device and on the first place, push, pull motion successfully dislodged the food.

Here is the mom’s testimonial of the frightening choking scare:

“We had a very scary moment at tonight’s dinner table. My 5-year-old daughter was eating normally, then all of a sudden started making a weird face (open mouth, shocked expression) and reaching her arms towards me. She couldn’t breathe or speak. We realized she was choking on a piece of shrimp. My husband did a finger sweep but the shrimp was lodged too deep. I ran to grab our LifeVac choking device and ran back. By then her face was red, her neck was straining, her eyes were bulging, and she was flailing like she was dying. I will never forget that sight.

I put the LifeVac over her nose and mouth and pulled the shrimp right out in one swift motion. The entire ordeal only lasted about 20 seconds, but it will forever be imprinted in my mind. If we didn’t have this device, I shudder to think of what might have happened.  I recommend having this product, just in case anything should ever happen, to anyone in your household. We owned it for 7 years before having to actually use it. I truly believe it saved her tonight.”

412th life saved with lifevac