8-Year-Old Chokes on Coin Saved with LifeVac – #329

We are proud to announce our 329th life saved

It has been reported to us that on April 14th an 8-year-old boy in California choked on a quarter.  The coin caused a partial obstruction to the child’s airway.  The parents performed choking rescue procedures but attempts were unsuccessful.  LifeVac was then used on the child while laying down.  On the first attempt, the quarter was dislodged freeing his airway.  He was able to breathe again.

“He then coughed and the quarter was swallowed”

We are thankful this family chose to have an additional rescue option on hand.