82-Year-Old Saved with LifeVac in Choking Emergency – #263

LifeVac is delighted to announce our 263rd life saved

It has been reported to us that an 82-year-old female who has suffered several strokes choked on peanut butter causing a total obstruction. Choking rescue protocol was performed but was unsuccessful and the patient went unconscious. LifeVac was used 3-4 times and dislodged the obstruction saving her life.


“She is talking. Still in hospital.  When I saw food from earlier coming up we realized that she had aspirated and used the LifeVac on her. After about two or three pulls she started expelling the peanut butter she had eaten earlier. Mom was essentially gone.  The LifeVac is amazing.