Elderly Man in Care Home Saved by LifeVac – #325
We are extremely pleased to share news of our 325th life saved.
It was reported to us by our partners in the UK that LifeVac was deployed within a care home in a choking emergency. The care home provider has requested not to be named which we fully respect. An elderly resident was sitting down enjoying their meal when they came into difficulty and began to choke. Staff acted quickly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol. Sadly, this could not dislodge the obstruction. Staff members quickly grabbed their LifeVac device and applied it to the choking casualty, while they were in a sitting position. Within a second LifeVac dislodged the obstruction helping save the resident’s life.
“Reduced the length of time resident was choking and trauma that may have occurred.”