Elderly Resident in Care Home Saved with LifeVac – #328

We are proud to announce our 328th life saved

Our partners at LifeVac Europe reported to us that an elderly resident was eating dinner when a piece of food became lodged.  The food caused a full airway obstruction. Members of staff acted quickly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol. Unfortunately, the obstruction could not be dislodged, LifeVac was then deployed and within seconds LifeVac dislodged the full airway obstruction.

“Fantastic piece of equipment” – Nurse
Larchwood Care


This is the 8th life LifeVac has helped save in a space of 7 days in a choking emergency. We are extremely proud of the standard we have set around the world for others to follow. Together we can put an end to choking deaths globally and raise the current 70-76% effectiveness of BLS choking protocol to as close to 100% as possible. We saved our first life 7 years ago this month in Wales, UK.
— Lea Spacey, Production Manager, LifeVac Europe