Elderly Resident in UK Care Home Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #370

LifeVac is proud to announce our 370th life saved

The team at LifeVac Europe shared news of another life saved in the UK care home. Continuing to help reduce one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65…choking. An elderly resident who resides in a care home in the South East of England, came into difficulty while enjoying their breakfast. A piece of toast had become lodged in their airway, creating a full airway obstruction.

A nurse acted quickly delivering BLS first aid choking protocol. Unfortunately, these efforts could not dislodge the obstruction. Another member of staff quickly retrieved their LifeVac device.  While in a standing position, LifeVac was applied, and on the second application, dislodged the full airway obstruction, saving the resident’s life.

Fantastic, major role as BSL wasn’t working. Saved life and avoided hospital admission
— Nurse