Elderly Resident in Wheelchair Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #262
LifeVac is thrilled to announce our 262nd life saved
It has been reported to us by our partners at LifeVac Europe that we helped save yet another life in the UK care sector, this time within Akari Care. An elderly female wheelchair user came into difficulty while enjoying her dinner. Food had become lodged in her airway within a split second, creating a partial airway obstruction.
Staff acted quickly and accordingly following BLS first aid protocol, unfortunately, first aid choking protocols failed to dislodge the partial airway obstruction.
A nurse deployed their LifeVac airway clearance device and within seconds, on the second Place – Push – Pull, LifeVac dislodged the obstruction. The quick-thinking action of everyone involved, saved the female residents’ life when all else failed.
“Successful removal, a great piece of medical equipment” – Nurse