Female Resident in UK Care Home Saved from Choking with LifeVac – #261

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 261st life saved

HC One Logo

We have been informed by our partners in LifeVac Europe that another life was saved in a choking emergency, this time within an HC-One care home.  An elderly female resident came into difficulty while enjoying her meal, when food had become “stuck”, creating an airway obstruction.

Staff quickly delivered First Aid choking protocol which could not dislodge the obstruction. As the resident was bedridden, it proved impossible to deliver abdominal thrusts.

A nurse quickly grabbed their LifeVac airway clearance device, which is located in all HC-One care homes, within seconds LifeVac was applied and dislodged the obstruction, saving the female residents’ life.

“Very easy to use” – Nurse