First Responders Save 79-Year-Old in Wheelchair with LifeVac – #421

LifeVac is happy to share news of our 421st life saved by first responders

An Idaho Fire Department received the call of a choking emergency at a residential home.  Upon arrival, a 79-year-old gentleman in a wheelchair was choking on a piece of chicken.  His wife attempted BLS protocol but was unsuccessful in her attempts.  LifeVac was utilized by first responders. “A large chunk of chicken was removed, and his breathing returned to normal.  The LifeVac saved his life as he was becoming lethargic, and his oxygen level was 70.