LifeVac Saves 12-year-old Boy – #311

LifeVac is happy to announce our 311th life saved.  It was recently reported to us that on February 3rd a 12-year-old boy choked on a chunk of  (un-crispy) bacon causing a total blockage.  The child has a broken front tooth and is unable to fully chew food. Back blows and abdominal thrusts were performed but unfortunately unsuccessful.

“The bacon had been pushed further into the airway by grandparents that tried to hook the obstruction out with their finger before calling for my help.”

Thankfully the family has a LifeVac.  The rescue device was used 1 time and quickly removed the obstruction saving the young boy’s life.