LifeVac Saves a 2-Year-Old Boy from Choking – #207
LifeVac is excited to announce our 207th life saved, the 99th child!
A 2-year-old boy choked on a piece of chicken causing a blocked airway where the child was gasping for air and not able to make any noise. Choking rescue protocol was carried out, but failed. Here is the mom’s testimonial:
On the first pull and swipe didn’t bring up anything and he was still gasping and the second pull the piece of chicken came right up and into the LifeVac He just cried and looked up and says to (in his always resilient way) “okay mommy, all done, let me go now” and stands up and tried to run off like nothing terrible had just happened. Meanwhile, I sat there feeling like I was about to lose my son almost again. He’s been through so much with other life-threatening conditions he has and I was not about to lose him to choking. I am trained, I have worked in the hospital for years, I have my CPR certification for adults, infants, AED training, and nothing I did was dislodging the food, he was literally gasping for air and could not get any!