LifeVac Saves a Young Girl Who Uses A Wheelchair – #156
LifeVac is excited to share details on its 156th life saved!
Here is the testimonial:
“My 11-year-old daughter, Amber choked on a hotdog bun on July 19th. She has a very uncommon disease called Salla Disease, which originated from Finland. She is special needs, uses a wheelchair, wears braces because she cannot walk on her own. She sometimes doesn’t chew her food up well and tends to just swallow it. She was eating supper, with her sister, when she started choking on a hotdog bun, she barely chewed it up, and just swallowed it. I could hear my daughter telling her to talk several times. I heard that from another room, hurried out to the kitchen, saw she was not right, did some slaps on her back. I then proceeded to unlock her adaptive Rifton activity chair, undid her safety belt, lifted her out of the chair, held her up, and proceeded to do back slaps, failed I then tried the Heimlich several times, which also failed. My husband happened to come in the house, told him she was choking, he did back slaps, performed the Heimlich which failed him too. I ran to the living room to grab the LifeVac, mind you, I never did practice with it before. I glanced at directions and put it together, pulled two times and the wadded-up bread fell on the floor.
Word of advice, practice with it right away! It is so easy; a little kid could be taught how to use it. I thank God for LifeVac, it saved my daughter’s life. I called my family members that already purchased there’s, told them to make sure if they hadn’t already practiced with it, get it out and use it, I even offered to show everyone.
Now I will have one for each of our vehicles, and one on my daughter’s wheelchair. I’ve already donated to each of my daughter’s schools. I am willing to get the word out so others have them as well. Thanks, LifeVac you are truly a miracle! Love our LifeVac ”