LifeVac Saves Another Life in the Care Sector – #162
It has been reported to us that LifeVac was used within a Hallmark care home to help save a life in a choking emergency. An elderly resident was sitting down enjoying her meal when she came into difficulty. Food had become lodged in her airway creating a partial airway obstruction. Hallmark care home employees acted quickly delivering BLS choking protocol. Unfortunately, back blows and abdominal thrusts were not able to dislodge the partial airway obstruction. A nurse quickly retrieved their LifeVac device from their wall-mounted kit and within seconds dislodged the food and the resident made a full recovery.
“LifeVac was vitally important in the effective resolution of this situation, all of our team are all trained as part of induction to use this equipment.” — Nurse