LifeVac Saves Elderly Patient from Choking – 140th Life Saved

LifeVac proudly announces our 140th life saved. An elderly patient in a long-term care facility choked on turkey.  Protocol was performed but was unsuccessful. The patient was transported to the hospital where hospital staff scoped the patient but was unable to locate the FBAO. All other rescue methods were attempted and failed.  The nurse practitioner quickly retrieved the LifeVac unit (that was purchased 2 weeks before) and was able to dislodge a large chunk of turkey (almost the size of a golf ball).  We are thankful that this hospital in Kansas had a LifeVac on hand.