LifeVac Saves Resident in Care Home– #354

LifeVac is happy to hear news of our 354th life saved.

LifeVac is thrilled to share news of another life saved in the UK care sector in a choking emergency

The team at LifeVac Europe is thrilled to share news of another life saved within the UK care sector. Helping reduce one of the leading causes of accidental death in adults over the age of 65…choking.

This time, we helped save our first life within a new client’s care home, when a resident came into difficulty while enjoying a meal. Food had become lodged in their airway creating a full airway obstruction.

Staff acted quickly and accordingly delivering first aid BLS choking protocol, sadly this was unable to dislodge the obstruction. A member of staff quickly deployed their LifeVac choking rescue device, on the second PLACE – PUSH – PULL motion LifeVac dislodged the full airway obstruction saving the resident’s life.

 “The device prevented any long-term brain injury as the resident recovered consciousness within minutes of clearing the obstruction.” — Team member