LifeVac Used to Save 44-Year-Old Man that Choked on Chips – #481

LifeVac registers its 481st life saved

On September 14th we received news that LifeVac was put to use when a 44-year-old man choked on a chip causing a partial obstruction.  Abdominal thrusts were unable to be performed due to the size of the choking patient.  On the third application, LifeVac successfully dislodged the obstruction

“He was having a hard time breathing. He was coughing and couldn’t talk. He was panicking.  I pulled out the LifeVac and used it on him and luckily it helped remove the obstruction.”