Man Chokes on Piece of Sausage and is Saved with LifeVac – #428

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 428th life saved in an Oklahoma Mental Health Facility

It was reported to us that on July 18th a 59-year-old male began choking on a piece of sausage at dinner time.  “The piece of meat caused a total blockage while the patient was supine.  Staff attempted back blows but were unsuccessful in dislodging the meat.  We are so thankful this facility decided to add LifeVac as part of their first aid equipment after discussions in their CPR renewal class.”

“We ordered LifeVac last year and put one on each of our units, in the patient dining room, and on each emergency cart. We have a total of 12 in our building”