Man Choking on Steak Saved with LifeVac – #301

LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 301st life saved.

On March 9th a 47-year-old male choked on a piece of steak. The gentleman was having dinner with the family when his sister-in-law realized he was choking.  As a nurse, she knew exactly what to do and immediately took action and started performing abdominal thrusts.  She attempted choking rescue procedures 5 or 6 times to no avail. 911 was called.  Her brother-in-law started to go unconscious. She thankfully had a LifeVac and successfully removed a large chunk of steak on the 2nd attempt.  Upon the arrival of first responders, he was evaluated and given a clean bill of health.