Mom Saves her 3-Year-Old Boy with LifeVac – #327
LifeVac is delighted to share news of our 327th life saved
It was reported to us on April 18th that a 3-year-old little boy choked on a Jolly Rancher candy. He had gotten into his older sister’s Easter basket and grabbed the sweet treat. The candy caused a total blockage of his airway. His mother attempted to perform back blows but was unsuccessful in dislodging the obstruction. Home alone with the children, she quickly grabbed the LifeVac, assembled the unit, and used it 2-3 times.
Here is the Mother’s testimonial:
“On April 18th, 2022, my 3-year-old son was choking on a Jolly Rancher. He came to me, and I immediately began performing back blows. Once I saw that was not working, I told him to lay down while I got the LifeVac ready, and I pulled it a couple of times. I did a couple more back blows followed by using the LifeVac once more and he began to breathe again. I will say I strongly believe had I used the practice mask when I purchased it, I could have gotten the jolly rancher out a lot sooner but even under such scary circumstances, I was able to follow the instructions inside the bag and save his life using LifeVac. I am extremely thankful I had something I could use when the back blows were not working. I will never forget the scared look in my baby boy’s eyes when he couldn’t breathe.”