Paramedic Saves a Life Using LifeVac – #185
LifeVac registers its 185th life saved.
We received exciting news from our partners in the UK that LifeVac was used again by EMS in Pego, Alicante, Spain to save another life in a choking emergency.
This time a life was saved in Spain by Emergency Services, who were called to an emergency when an 80-year-old lady began to choke.
An elderly lady was enjoying her pate on toast when she came into difficulty and started to choke which then became a full airway obstruction.
BLS choking protocol was carried out which failed to clear the obstruction, local Emergency Services were then called to the scene to treat the choking casualty. Local EMS already carry LifeVac airway clearance devices in their kit bags as they have been used to save lives before within their services.
LifeVac was applied to the casualty by the paramedic, which dislodged the food bolus within seconds, clearing her airway and saving the elderly lady’s life.
“Very positive, it had been previously used to save lives” – Paramedic