Teenager Saved with LifeVac on Christmas Day – #242

LifeVac registers its 242nd life saved.  It has been reported to us that LifeVac was utilized again on Christmas Day.  A 15-year-old girl began choking on a piece of shrimp that caused a blockage to her airway.  Her mother immediately performed choking rescue procedures seeing her daughter in distress, but protocol failed. LifeVac was used and on the first attempt, the shrimp was dislodged from her airway saving her life.

We are thankful that this family was protected with another option that saved their child’s life.