Woman Saves a Man in Restaurant with LifeVac – #164
LifeVac is thrilled to share details on our 164th life saved.
“Just used my LifeVac on an elderly man choking in a restaurant tonight. I bought for my baby (now toddler) and have kept it on me 24/7 ever since. I thank god we were theretonight to help this man when the Heimlich failed twice. Even the EMT’s were amazed by this device!!!”
A mom who purchased LifeVac to protect her little one in case of an emergency saved the life of an elderly gentleman at Feeney’s Restaurant in Arizona. She had just sat down to have dinner when they noticed a gentleman in distress. Her cousin, a nurse, jumped into action performing the Heimlich maneuver. A small piece of steak was dislodged but the food still caused a total blockage and patient was losing consciousness. After the Heimlich failed again to free his airway, she grabbed the LifeVac from her bag and used the device one time to dislodge the steak.
By the time EMS arrived the gentleman’s airway was cleared. He was evaluated by EMS and was given a clean bill of health.
“I am so happy to be at the right place at the right time as the Heimlich was not working even when performed by a trained professional!”